For today’s Wordy Wednesday I have decided to share with you a recipe from the Bumbu Cooking School I took part in last month in Bali.
Fried Rice with Noodles – Nasi Goreng Mawut
3 tbsp vegetable oil
100 g chicken thigh boneless and diced in 1cm cubes
100 g prawns peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
20 g large red chillies halved and seeded and sliced
50 g cabbage white sliced
3 tbsp nasi goreng sauce
2 tbsp salty soy sauce
2 eggs beaten
300 g rice cooked and cooled
300 g egg noodles cooked and cooled
30 g spinach cleaned and roughly sliced
30 g leek or spring onions sliced
20 g celery leaves sliced
2 tbsp fried shallots
1. Heat oil in heavy sauce pan or wok. Add chicken and prawns and stir fry for one minute until both ingredients change colour.
2. Add chillies and cabbage and continue to saute one more minute.
3. Add nasi goreng sauce and salty soy sauce and mix well until all ingredients are evenly coated.
4. Add eggs and continue to cook over high heat until eggs are scrambled and cooked.
5. Add rice and noodles and continue to stir fry for three minutes until all ingredients are well blended and hot.
6. Finally add spinach, leek and celery and continue to fry for one more minute.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Garnish with fried shallots
So there you have it my friends, one of the most asked for recipes and a very yummy dish. I would alter it a bit, leave out the prawns and eggs, but that is the beauty of cooking – give the dish a little bit of yourself, no need to follow everything exactly as stated, get creative and have fun!
If anyone does happen to make this dish I would be most interested to hear how it turned out. Good luck!